Periwinkle Leaves 1oz Low Alcohol
- What is it used for? Traditional/Ethnobotanical uses The plant was introduced in Europe during the mid-1700s, during which time it was cultivated as an ornamental. Today it grows throughout much of the world and plantations have been established on most continents in the warmer climates. The plant has been widely used in tropical folk medicine. Decoctions of the plant have been used for maladies ranging from ocular inflammation, diabetes, and hemorrhage to treating insect stings.
- Periwinkle is an astringent herb that can be used as a mouth rinse to soothe the pain of canker sores. The herb contains tannins that can bind up fluids and possibly relieve inflammation.
- Periwinkle contains a compound that has been shown to reduce symptoms in people whose tinnitus is due to poor blood flow. Lesser periwinkle (Vinca minor) contains a compound known as vincamine. Extracts containing vincamine have been used in Germany to help decrease tinnitus. Preliminary clinical trial data show that vinpocetine, a semi-synthetic version of vincamine, can help reduce symptoms in people whose tinnitus is due to poor blood flow.
- Promotes Blood Vessel Health Super Concentrated 650 mg Advanced Botanical Fingerprint Holistically Balanced Gluten-Free; Low Alcohol
- Periwinke’s active constitent vinpocetine has been associated with beneficial effects on hearing loss due to aging (presbyacusis), tinnitus, and ethyl-apovincaminate (a vinca alkaloid) may reduce ringing in the ears (tinnitus).