Frequently Asked Questions
How does Nature’s Answer® verify the authenticity of the herbal ingredients used in their product?
- With one of the most comprehensive herbariums in the world, Nature’s Answer® has identified Mother Nature’s unique botanical fingerprint on over 800 plant reference standards. Utilizing Advanced Botanical Fingerprint Technology™, these authenticated samples each serve as the standard by which all incoming raw materials are judged.
What are Nature’s Answer® veggie capsules made from?
- Veggie capsules are made from plant-derived cellulose, which is free of soy.
Are Nature’s Answer® products gluten-free?
- The majority of Nature’s Answer® products are gluten-free. Whenever appropriate, our products will be labeled gluten-free on the packaging.
How long after purchasing can I use Nature’s Answer® herbal extracts?
- All of our products have a specific expiration date imprinted on the bottom of each bottle. As long as they remain unopened, herbal extracts generally remain fully potent for 2 years after date of manufacturing. However, for its best-intended purposes, we recommend using any product before its expiration date.
How should I store Nature’s Answer® products?
- Unless a product specifically states "Refrigerate After Opening," we suggest you do not refrigerate. Keep at room temperature: 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C).
Why does this extract look different from one I’ve previously purchased?
- It is common for batches of a particular herb to differ slightly in appearance and uniformity of color due to the nature of the herb itself, as herbs are plants/plant parts. Depending on the geographic region and time of the season an herb is harvested, it is not unusual for different batches of the same herb to differ slightly in their physical appearance and characteristics including color, aroma, texture, etc. Herbs are natural. Just as color and physical characteristics may vary in nature, so does the appearance in the finished herbal/botanical supplement.
How much alcohol do Nature’s Answer® liquid extracts contain per dose?
- The alcohol percentage varies by product, and is clearly stated on each label. The alcohol content in the majority of Nature’s Answer® products ranges from 12-15%.
Are Alcohol-Free Extracts less potent than Alcohol Extracts?
- With Nature’s Answer® formulations, the potency of an herb is not compromised in an alcohol-free extract. Nature’s Answer®’s Alcohol-Free Liquid Extracts are made in the same manner as our Low Alcohol Extracts by using the optimal ratio of alcohol for each plant to maximize its potency and value to the consumer. After this initial evaluation, we then use our Bio-Chelation® cold process to completely eliminate the alcohol from the finished product resulting in an equally-as-potent Alcohol-Free Extract.
Can I take several Nature’s Answer® extracts/formulas at once?
- In general, it is usually safe to take several herbs and herbal extracts together without negative interactions. However, we recommend you consult your healthcare practitioner before use, especially if you are taking other medications, pregnant, nursing, planning any medical procedure, or have a medical condition.
What is the glycerin used in Nature’s Answer®’s products derived from?
- The glycerin in our products is derived from palm.
Can I give a Nature’s Answer® herb/extract to my house pet?
- Although the majority of Nature’s Answer® products may be safe for a pet, they are specifically formulated as a dietary supplements for human consumption based upon human’s dietary needs, not animals! We suggest you consult the veterinarian to determine if a specific product would be suitable for your pet and how much should be administered.
I'm taking several of your concentrated herbs, including the alcohol free olive leaf extract, cat's claw extract and licorice root extract. I have been leaving the bottles on the counter for quick access during the day and am wondering if I should be keeping them in the refrigerator after opening?
- Specifically, olive leaf extract, cat's claw extract and licorice root extracts do not require refrigeration after opening. For any of our other extracts you may be using, unless the label states “Refrigerate After Opening,” store at room temperature (68-77° F/20-25° C).
What are the differences in Nature’s Answer® alcohol-free herbal extracts and low-alcohol herbal extracts?
- Alcohol Free Liquid Herbal Extracts:
Nature’s Answer® was FIRST to introduce Alcohol-Free Herbal Extracts in the Natural Product marketplace in 1972. We produce an extensive range of premium-quality, highly concentrated liquid herbal extracts in alcohol-free form. Some companies offer Alcohol-Free Extracts that are glycerites, which means glycerin is used as the extracting agent. By comparison, Nature’s Answer®’s Alcohol-Free Liquid Extracts are made in the same manner as our Low Alcohol Extracts, assuring the optimal ratio of alcohol for each plant to maximize its potency and therapeutic value. Then we utilize our proprietary Bio-Chelation® cold process which completely eliminates the alcohol from the finished product. We add palm-derived glycerin at the end of the process to ensure optimal stability and shelf-life. Low Organic Alcohol Liquid Herbal Extracts:
Liquid extracts are a time-tested and convenient delivery system for herbs. Alcohol has traditionally been used as the extracting agent because it is one of the most effective natural solvents, releasing all of the choice constituents from the extraneous fiber and cellulose of the plant. Our process allows the specific active constituents to become more bio-available to the body. Nature’s Answer® uses the exact ratio of alcohol for EACH plant to maximize its potency and therapeutic value. By employing our proprietary Bio-Chelation® cold process, we're able to effectively reduce the levels of alcohol in the finished product, enabling us to offer LOW ORGANIC ALCOHOL Herbal extracts with only 12-15% Organic Alcohol.
Are your PerioBrite® oral healthcare products Gluten-Free?
- Yes, Nature's Answer® Periobrite® mouthwash and toothpaste products are Gluten-Free, Alcohol-Free formulations.
Do you test the ingredients used in Nature's Answer®'s products?
- Yes, we maintain a rigorous Quality-Control / Quality Assurance program that includes testing of the raw materials and ingredients that go into our products. As standard procedure, every ingredient we use in our products is fully-tested through our own analytical laboratories to confirm that it meets all the required specifications. Be assured, if an ingredient does not meet stringent reference specifications for things such as potency, purity and efficacy, the ingredient is rejected and not used.
Can you recommend herbal and nutritional supplements for specific health conditions, dysfunctions or medical concerns?
- Nature’s Answer® dietary supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
However, there are several informational resources online, dedicated to the science of nutrition. Visit ?any of the following nutrition? ?reference websites to help answer your specific inquiries:www.authoritynutrition.com
Authority Nutrition is the site that helps people make informed decisions based on the best scientific evidence available.
The Nutrition Source: Knowledge for Healthy Eating (Harvard University) provides evidence-based diet and nutrition information.
The goal of this website is to present the latest in peer-reviewed nutrition and health research, presented in a format that is easy to understand.
The Institute for the Psychology of Eating is on a mission to forever change the way people around the world understand the crucial connections between food intake, body and health.
For useful additional references, they also have a section called: 100 Best Nutrition Websites
Your online nutrition and food safety resource. Be sure to sign up for their Food Insight newsletter, bringing you science-based perspectives on the latest trends in nutrition, food safety and health.
Their mission is to be the leading authority on vegetarian diets and to provide evidence-based research to help you plan all types of vegetarian meals. They share valuable information for all age groups and fitness levels to promote health and well-being based on the latest research.
Does Nature's Answer® manufacture its own products?
- Yes. Established in 1972, Nature's Answer® owns and operates North America's most extensive herbal manufacturing, quality-control facilities and climate-controlled modern warehouse-distribution complex. Our 140,000 square foot facility houses a Kosher-inspected, NSF / GMP certified manufacturing and packaging operation along with our own Research & Development, Analytical Quality-Control/Quality Assurance and Microbiological Laboratories.
How does Nature's Answer® verify the authenticity of the herbs and botanical ingredients used in the product formulations?
- As standard procedure, each ingredient batch is rigorously-tested in our own analytical laboratories. Our expert team of natural product chemists, pharmacognosists, microbiologists, formulation chemists and herbalists each contribute to maintaining the absolute highest standards of excellence. Natural Herbal/Botanical extracts are what we've specialized in for over 44 years and why you can trust that our products come from the very best of nature, dedicated people and our state of-the-art manufacturing and testing practices.
We employ a comprehensive Quality-Control / Quality Assurance program that includes testing of all raw materials/ingredients, product manufacturing batches while in-process, as well as finished/packaged products. We test for heavy metals (lead, cadmium, etc.), microbiological contaminants, salmonella, insecticides, insect parts, etc.
Using our exclusive Advanced Botanical Fingerprint Technology®, we meticulously identify and test every ingredient used in our products to verify each ingredient meets all levels of our strict quality, specifications, compliance and safety standards.
Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (UPLC-MS) laboratory instrumentation is utilized to identify, analyze and ensure the quality, purity and efficacy of herbal/botanical ingredients, each carefully selected for the supplements we formulate, produce and supply. This advanced instrumentation quantifies specific constituents, markers and natural distribution patterns unique to each plant. This process accurately determines identity and purity, completely assuring you are getting the very best herbal ingredients Mother Nature provides.
What does the term standardized mean on your herbal supplements and extracts?
- The objective of standardization of herbals/botanicals is to ensure that every consumer is getting a dietary supplement that has a consistent potency of a specific naturally-occurring constituent in the botanical from batch to batch. The standardization amount is typically shown as a percentage or a ratio. For example, a dietary supplement may include 30g of mushroom extract and the ingredient in the supplement facts box would read "Maitake (Grifola frondosa) Mushroom Extract, Standardized to 50% Proteoglucan (15g)". In this example, the dietary supplement has a total of 30g of mushroom extract and every batch of this supplement that is produced is guaranteed to supply the customer with 15g of proteoglucans which are naturally occurring in the mushrooms.
Standardization helps identify the components of a particular plant/herb that supply the most bio-active benefits in the body. * This process also verifies that each herbal extract has a minimum level of potency every time without removing any of the naturally-occurring components from the botanical.